I’ve managed not to cast on any new projects and have finished off 3 of the projects I had on the needles.
Widdershins look great and fits wonderfully. I’ve altered the pattern only by increasing 2 stitches every 6 rows up the back of the leg to fit better.
Hemp Bag – I adapted two patterns, the base and the band around the top are from The Everlasting Bagstopper on Knitty and the mesh section is from The Market Bag from Folk Bags: 30 Knitting Patterns and Tales from Around the World by Vicki Square. The handles are garter stitch – about 16 stitches wide at the base and reducing each end every tenth row. I think I would make the mesh section shorter next time and go with 10 inches rather then 12-13 inches but I really like the bag. It is hade of the hemp I got at the House Of Hemp at Ally Pally this year. I still have loads left so I make more of these.
I’ve also finished Jezebel – a kit from Kangaroo in Silk Stralis I got for Christmas last year. I’ve also altered this by knitting in the round rather than knitting flat and by knitting a couple rounds for the fingerloop rather than doing a crochet chain. I really like these and they aree very comfortable.